by: Mia @ Rita's
Candle magic is my favorite form of ritual work. It combines the 3 magical principles of concentration, will power and visualization to heighten your energy and bring your wishes to fruition. It continues to become an extension of your mental power and energy as it burns allowing their vibrations to fill your sacred space.
I use white candles the most in my work as white embodies all colors and I feel brings the strongest light energy and protection to the ritual. I use color candles when I am in need of triple action strength in one particular area. I bless and dress the candle for each specific use to draw in energies of love, money, protection, healing etc.
The procedure of blessing and dressing your candles is just as important, if not more so than actually burning the light. All of Rita’s candles have been blessed and dressed for each specific use, the work has been done for you. They are fully charged and ready to use upon receipt. Therefore I suggest purchasing candle blessing oil and candle blessing powder for all of your personal ritual candle needs
Some more good things to know about candles...
- Always light a candle with your right hand for good fortune.
- If a candles goes out immediately after you light it, bad luck is to follow
- Never singe the base of the candle to make it fit firmly, this brings misfortune
- Never light a candle from a fire's flame, it will render you poor
- If there is a terrible storm outside, white a light candle for protection from harm
- Lighting a candle for a child's birth, honors the spirit of the child coming into this world
- Lighting a candle after the death of a loved one shows the spirit the way into it's next carnation
- Lighting a candle on one's birthday reminds you of your own light and honor's thyself
- Lighting a candle for birth and death protects those souls against evil
- A candle that goes out during a ritual indicates the presence of a restless spirit
- A candle flame that burns blue means spirits are present
- Candle wax that winds around the base of the candle indicates spirits are present
- The way a flame moves can be used as a form of divination
- If a candle will not light, a storm is coming
- A candle that sparks is an indication of news that is coming
- If a person can revive a flame without extinguishing it, it means their heart is pure
- Seeing a ring in the candle flame indicates, marriage, souls mates
- A lump of soot on a candle wick means a stranger will soon appear
- Blowing out all of your birthday candles at once is said to seal your wish in the smoke of the candles and carry them to the heavens
- For blessings and luck all candles lit in celebration should never be blown out
- Bayberry candles should be gifted on New Year's to friends who you wish luck, prosperity and health and burned completely on the New Year for best effects.
- If a candle falls and breaks in two, double trouble will come to you
- A drip down the side of a candle during a seance means that death is nearbye
- Dreaming of a candle is an indication of spiritual understanding
- If a candle flame goes out during a marriage ceremony it means the marriage will end in sorrow
- The flame of a candle is considered a spirit and when you light your cigarette from it you steal a part of the spirits soul
- A lit candle in a jack-o-lantern drives evil spirits away.